A Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
The Wisconsin Information Security Center (WISC) accelerates the growth of a high-tech, knowledge-based workforce with capabilities to provide solutions to problems of national security importance. It builds upon the region’s economic diversity by promoting cybersecurity research, education, and technology innovation. WSRC fosters collaborative and strategic alliances between government agencies, private industry, and academic institutions.
WISC, a WSRC initiative, is a skunkworks-type environment that provides a unique combination of world-class talent, facilities, and expertise.
- Provides cohesive network of facilities, talent, and service providers
- Access to an environment that encourages and focuses on innovative cyber solution development and commercialization
- Promotion of activities and opportunities to defense contractors
- Access to a strong base of information technology and cybersecurity talent
- Marketing of cyber technologies and ideas through public/private partnerships
- A world-class, high value operational center
Located just minutes from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in University Research Park, WISC is a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) suitable for processing information up to the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) level. WISC supplements and enables the UW–Madison Policy on Open Research & Free Interchange of Information, and provides the following facility resources and services:
- ICD/ICS 705-1 standard compliant
- ICD/ICS 705-1 storage capable
- NSTISSAM Advisory Memo TEMPEST 2-95A compliant
- Supports Voice/Data/Video services
- STC 45 Sound Rating
- 15 person capacity conference room
- 6 flexible work areas
- Security Management Office (SMO) Code: 4PT894
Do you have a project with a DD 254 or special security requirement? Contact us.